Wednesday 25 November 2009

Farewell Wei Xiang

I would have posted sooner on this blog but I've been busy helping to set up the church building for my new congregation in Kota Kemuning. In fact I just came back with my family from cleaning up the first and second floors. We are dedicating the building this 5th December, God willing, and from then onwards I will no longer worship in Klang.

Unfortunately, before we even started, tragedy struck one of the families who will be moving with us to the new congregation from Klang. Last week, they lost a son and brother, and I lost a friend, Lim Wei Xiang. He was only eight years old. It was a complete shock as he had no known pre-existing disease and only last Sunday I had dinner with him and joked with him.

The family is of course distraught. The congregations in Klang, Subang Jaya and members in Kota Kemuning are obviously very upset. His death is completely unexpected. Less than two years ago, we also lost a child in Klang. He was 15.

The wake, memorial service and funeral were difficult and painful events. Tears filled my eyes and everyone else's. I cannot even begin to imagine what the family must go through.

His passing reminded me that we are indeed fragile, all of us. He will be sorely missed. Rest in peace, little buddy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment