Saturday 1 May 2010

Insanity Laughs Under Pressure We're Cracking

D71 (26th April) : "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, We'd sing and dance forever and a day."

D72: The highlight of my day: Old Town French Toast. Sad, no?

D73: I'm hungry tonight, but have no appetite to eat.

D74: People may seem unassuming, but never assume that they are.

D75: Fact: all lawyers are sadomasochistic.

D76 (3rd May): It's hard to think of others when you're all alone.

D77: Maps have traps. Both figuratively and literally

D78: Boss says, "Don't panic!"

D79: Why is it that when I'm free, everyone ignores me, but when I'm dying from the workload, I get loads of invites?! Why?

D80: What doesn't kill you only makes you balder.

D80A (Sat 8th May): Now I know why they bolt the windows: so no one can attempt suicide.

D80B (Sun 9th): No words.

Last week was a nightmare. I went home past midnight 4 out of the 5 weeknights, and over the weekend I went to the office for about 8 hours on both days, all this in preparation for an upcoming trial which will not even proceed due to settlement.

At one point I was swear delirious: it was so un-funny that it became funny and I laughed to myself in the office like a madman for half a minute. No kidding.

To makes matters worst I got lost and was therefore late for an event, missed Mother's Day dinner tonight and couldn't make it for a friend's welcome-home-cum-birthday party.

But through it all, I surprised myself—I survived (with help from above), and I realise I'm a lot stronger than I thought.

On a separate note, the 15-year old who was fatally shot by the police recently is my sister's junior and studied at my alma mater. Students there are of course reeling from the tragedy.
The fact that it happened shocked me, the fact that it happened 2 minutes away from my house makes me shudder, and the fact that the police are not just unwilling to apologise but are implicating the innocent victim makes me want to vomit. Why can't any public body take some responsibility in this country instead of trying to cover things up and play the blame game?

0 comments:

Post a Comment