Tuesday 20 January 2009

He's Just Misunderestimated, Really!

He's going everywhere on American TV defending his administration's past 8 years, saying he doesn't care about popularity, and ohmygosh, he's calling not finding WMDs and Abu-Gharib 'disappointments'. Wow, this guy needs English lessons, amongst other things.

At this point there isn't much he can say to change people's minds, because his words sound ridiculously ironic when you compare them to his record of actions. In his farewell address, he said, "Around the world, America is promoting human liberty, human rights and human dignity" and "Murdering innocents to advance an ideology is wrong every time, everywhere" and "America needs to maintain its moral clarity." Huh? What? I'm sorry, I think I missed the plot.

I was shocked when I heard that he took more holidays than he gave press conferences. I mean, anyone in a high ranking public office would be embarrassed of that statistic, but then I remind myself that this is arguably the worst president America has every had, it may not be such a big deal. I wouldn't know, I wasn't around during Nixon's time, let alone the earlier ones, so I can't conclude if he's the absolute worse.




Well, I shall miss his Bushisms. Here are some vintage lines, on the BBC News website. The world will miss nothing else.

Goodbye, W. I hope your wing that humans and fish will coexist peacefully will take dream. You can now do what you do best: take a holiday. Forever.

Good luck, #44.

0 comments:

Post a Comment